Rungsted Golf Klub søger Course Manager30. september 2021
Rungsted Golf Klub, designed by Charles MacKenzie (brother of Dr Alistair MacKenzie) is one of the oldest and best golf clubs’ in Denmark. Situated to the North of Copenhagen in mature parkland, the course has hosted many National & International tournaments including the SAS Invitational with players among others Tiger Woods, Thomas Bjørn and Colin Montgomery
The Club now invites applications for the position of Course Manager to manage the day to day running of the Golf Course and surrounds. Presenting and maintaining the Club’s golf course to the highest standards, offering a fair but challenging test of golf for the benefit of the members, guests, and visitors whilst ensuring a joined up and ‘one team’ approach.
- Carrying out the day-to-day operation of the Greenkeeping department in line with the guidelines.
- Leading the team in delivering the golf course and surrounds to a high standard with consistent and well-maintained playing surface.
- Financial management – proposing annual budgets and managing / forecasting accurate expenditure.
- Continued development / evolution of the course to modern standards.
- Achieving effective working relationships with the leadership team
- Processes and Policies – ensuring the compliance with the relevant legislation and Club policy documents.
- Proven ability to manage a Green Keeping Team effectively, demonstrating a high level of understanding of all relevant policies and procedures to follow.
- You will hold a minimum qualification of level 3 HNC (or equivalent) in an appropriate technical subject in turf science or equivalent.
- A high level of knowledge and application of health and safety, employment, environment and other legislation relevant to golf clubs.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, with a proven track record of a customer focussed approach that positively impacts working relationships across wide ranging groups.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
- Strong leadership and people management skills that result in a motivated and high performing team of employees.
- Sound business acumen, financial literacy and good IT skills.
- Understanding of the GEO Certification process would be desirable.
- Ideally, you are a single handicap golfer.
- An attractive salary package commensurate with experience and in line with BIGGA / FEGGA guidelines is on offer. There is no Club accommodation with the role.
To apply candidates should email a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and notice period and ability to relocate if necessary.
Contact: Bruce Jamieson at Timberlake Golf –
E: email@example.com – Mob: 07768 874845
Application deadline: Friday 15th October 2021